To understand the AWS RDS architecture overview & components
What is an RDS?
- RDS is a server that includes the database, we just start and use the service we need not worry about components.
- Its a server itself which got own features.
Components of RDS:
1.EC2- Elastic Cloud Compute:
- Its a server for RDS and meant for RDS purpose only.
- On top of EC2 we have DB software
- Being a client /user we don’t have any authority to work with EC2 / DBS services.
- We can specify the configuration of EC2 and DBS
Under the Postmaster PID file uses in PostgreSQL
Understand the difference between wal keep segments and replication slots.
What is WAL?
What are WAL Keep Segments?
To Understand the uses of initdb and default databases
* Postgresql — used for connections
* template 0 — user connection is not allowed and maintain DB consistency
* template 1 — When we creating a database will take an exact copy of template1.
To Understand The Fork process will run different ID with the same Postmaster ID
To Understand The Importance of WAL Writer Process and See The Demo Result of Manually Killing WAL Writer Process
The PostgreSQL architecture is a client-server architecture, when the client is requesting the server will respond to it. The core was RDBMS so it will supports the SQL and NoSQL data.
The architecture contains